The Academic Staff Training & Development (AST&D) Department was created in June 2013 out of the Education Support Service (ESS) Department.
AST&D Department aims at ensuring effective co-ordination, quality and prompt delivery of Academic Staff Training & Development (AST&D), Conference Attendance (CA), and Teaching Practice (TP) interventions in accordance with the Fund’s mandate for the general improvement of Nigerian Tertiary Education Sector.
Basically the functions of the Academic Staff Training & Development (AST&D) Department are to:
- Ensure the vetting of submissions on Academic Staff Training and Development (AST&D), Conference Attendance and Teaching Practice received from all TETFund Beneficiaries.
- Ensure accessing of allocated intervention Funds and facilitate processing of disbursements to beneficiaries of all intervention programmes domiciled in the department.
- Ensure prompt and quality delivery of all TETFund educational intervention programmes and projects domiciled in the department.
- Ensure cordial, effective and sustainable partnership building with beneficiaries of TETFund Academic Staff Training & Development (AST&D) programmes.
- Provide advice to the Management on issues relating to Intervention Programmes domiciled in the Department.
Structure of the Department
The Department is made up of three divisions namely;
- Training &Development (T&D)
- Conference Attendance (CA)
- Teaching Practice (TP)
- Two special interventions programmes namely;
- NYSC Special Honour Award